This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get my sister off of her K-pop addiction?
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
How do I get my sister off of her K-pop addiction?
K-pop isn't an actual drug, it stands for Korean pop for those who don't know. She is obsessed with Korean songs... well... mainly the guys singing them. She spends every single day watching youtube videos of the guys and sometimes girls dancing. She watches their dramas as well. When she is not watching videos she is either looking at pictures of Koreans or photo-shopping them.

On top of doing all of this she is constantly spamming tweets on her twitter trying to get Korean people's attention and talking to other people about K-pop. She does this all day every single day and doesn't leave the house. I've tried everything to get her to stop but she won't. What should I do?
Bah... phases shouldn't last three years.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM

She will eventually stop being obsess. She is going through a phase right now, good thing that it is not drugs.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

Ha ha, "phases shouldn't lest three years."
Well, I like K-pop myself, but I've only known about it since early this year. I too listen to their songs everyday and watch some of the dramas that they are on and learn some of the dances. Depending on where you live, maybe you could get a ticket or two to the next concert of her favorite band and she'll feel like she's accomplished something. Or you could somehow help her to get the attention of one of the idols, depending on who she likes. Have you ever asked her how she will be less obsessed?
Does she know a lot of people that like K-pop? If she doesn't maybe she needs someone to talk to. I find that talking to people about K-pop helps because I know other people like it and I'm not alone.
These things could help your sister, or make her obsession worse. If nothing works, maybe you should just let her grow out of it, even if it does take a few more years... The way I see it is that you should just support her, or distract her... Yeah... Hope that was a little helpful... In some way.
02-19-2014, 12:48 PM

I do not tweet on twitter but I LOVE KPOP. I think your sister just has way too much free time and her obsession over kpop and Korean people/culture in general is a result of that. No way to cure her unless you can get her away from the computer for about 2 months or so. When I first was exposed to Big Bang I went crazy. I'm too old to buy merchandise but right now I have over 800 clips consisting of music videos, solo projects, live clips and everything you can imagine on them in a mpeg form. Even in my heavy metal days I was not this bad. I started working a double shift and had very little time to watch them on you tube and to obsess over them most of the day. I still love my kpop and big bang but I am not obsessed like I once was. Your sister will get over it. Some people just have addictive personalities so if she become tired of kpop then something else will follow. Phases can last as long as needed. She's in a slump.