This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
want to start trading on stock market?
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
want to start trading on stock market?
this year i want to try something new and any help would be much appreciated i want to start trading on the stock market but got no idea on what i need to do so i don't want to go diving in and make a mess of things if anyone could help with some hints and advice on starting up it would be a great advance
thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

yes. investing in the stock market can be risky and exciting. you can literally make money or lose it all. but how does it work? we'll new companies are looking for money, to make buy things for their company. if the company actually makes money, then it pays back the people who invested in them. because you gave them a loan, then pay you back and give you a certain amount of "interest" back or just anything they want to give back. now that's if they make it work. sometimes some companies don't become too big and give back little money. but most of the times, they fail. when they fail they lose money and therefore lose your money. which they do not have to give back. now some advice is to do RESEARCH on the particular company. check their yearly or monthly capital. see if they earn money or lose. it's actually easy, it's mostly luck. don't go out and listen to tips on the tv or social networks. if they worked, then everyone would be rich. now there is a very small chance of the company that you invest in will flourish like the mega corporations. something that would be good would be to invest small amounts on different stocks, when you see a certain stock increase, take back your stock from the ones that aren't working and invest it into the ones that are rising.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

fernando explained in essence how it works, but for you to start trading you need to find a broker through which you would trade. It is basically a online website where you send your money too, you have your own account etc... and from there you can buy stocks. I would highly recommend interactivebrokers.com, or brokerjet.at. I would recommend that you read some books about investing. Probably the best is intelligent investor by Benjamin Graham(Warren Buffett calls it the best book on investing in the world).
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

To be a trader, you better know what your doing
or you can lose big time. Best read this link.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4606121_become-s...rader.html
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

How can we possibly advise you on such a huge topic as investing in stocks and shares on a site like this. We are here to answer basic questions not provide free of charge tuition so that people can make money out of our free advice.

Go search on Google for trading in stocks and spend months reading through the various articles before you start investing because you will lose ALL of your money with your lack of knowledge.
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

Run a virtual portfolio of 20 FTSE 100 stocks with a nominal £5000 in each and if any go above £5125 then you`ll have made a profit. The £125 allows for costs.

Also run a FTSE 250 portfolio similarly and a small caps ( penny stocks ), but for this the break even is £5500 as spreads may well be higher.

When your portfolios make a regular 2%+ profit ,then you can start considering investng real funds in the big ocean .Until then ,stay with the paddling pool.