This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook. How do I hide my friends list from people that aren't my friends?
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
Facebook. How do I hide my friends list from people that aren't my friends?
I've noticed how on some people's accounts that I'm not friends with, I can't see who their friends are when I look them up, but I can see my friends list on my page when I look up my name when on my brother's account (who's not my friend yet. I'm experimenting with his since he just joined facebook).

How can I change this b/c I don't want some of my classmates to see who I'm friends with (especially if they're not my friends.)

thanks
cool girl!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:50 PM

Here's how you can hide your friends list from NON Facebook friends.

You can however hide your friends list by:
1)Going to your Profile

2) Scrolling down to your Friends list and click on the pencil to the right of the word Friends.

3) Uncheck the box that says “Show Friend list to everyone”.

This option will only hide your friends when a non-Facebook friend views your public profile or other people.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

You can hide your friends from strangers by clicking at the pen on the top right corner of the section with the small pictures of your friends which is on your profile. Once you clicked on it, you should uncheck the option that says "Show Friend List to everyone". However, actually they won't be totally hidden, because in December 2009 Zuckerberg (the Facebook CEO) decided that all the lists of friends are public information and therefore application developers (anyone can be one of them) can still have access to your list of friends.
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

Yes, you can block your friends list now with the new Facebook update.

Go to account --> privacy ---> friends tags and connections ---> friends then only me.

About time Facebook changed this back...