This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My mom 'facebook stalks' me?
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
My mom 'facebook stalks' me?
I have had a Facebook for a few months, and lately I started getting on there regularly. I have shared some things and post as well, but the problem is my mom likes EVERYTHING! I decided to put a picture of something from my favorite show and it shows this guy drinking alcohol, and my mom yelled at me and said it was 'as if I want to drink!', and I am like no, the caption was funny you just didn't read it, and the picture was not about underage drinking at all. So then, I liked this page and my mom found out about it (it isn't that bad though) and it shows pictures of men and cats (you know, like comparing the way they are standing and stuff). My mom died! She said 'You know your family sees that, and I see that!' and then wanting to be funny she said 'Well at least I know you are straight', I got so mad at her then! Now I started having an comment 'argument' with a friend (and my crush joined as well), my mom read ALL 94 COMMENTS! I was so embarrassed cause she was said 'Yea, I am glad that [his name here] took up for you!' and I said me and my friend were not really mad or anything, and he was just being funny. Meanwhile my stepdad says 'Are you talking about that [crush's last name here] kid? Well, you liking that page with those men should scare him off!'. Now I am so embarrassed because my mom tells him everything and she even Facebook stalked my crush (she knows where he lives o_O)! I am really mad at her, I mean, I am 14 but come on, I have some common sense!
I am not embarrased of what I put on facebook. I was embarrassed that my mom told my step dad that I liked this guy, even though I do, I am keeping it a secret because we are friends IRL. I really don't give a crap what I put on there it is just my mom assumes every guy I talk to is a crush or something, even though I tell her that their not! That was all I was trying to say.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

make a new fb acc.. soo easy... make a new fb and then add ur friends back, block ur mom's fb and only add people u know or u can go on ur mom's fb acc on her computer then delete urself from her friends list or block urself, adults usually don't know how to work the internet lulz...

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

You put it out there, and everyone can see it. Besides she has a right to monitor your facebook account. My granddaughter is also 14, and got in quite a bit of trouble on facebook. If you don't want her to see it then have private conversations on the phone.
02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

Set up a new account as Curly Cat's pal using a moniker mom won't recognize then abandon previous account. Eventually mom will get it. Tough when reason doesn't work. But a word of advice: There is little or no real anonymity online. If you don't want the world to know, don't post it online whatever it is. Remember that discretion is the better part of valor.
02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

So defriend her and set your account to private.

But seriously... if you put it online it's no longer private. If it embarrasses you, don't put it online. It's a good lesson to learn.