This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should i or should i not?
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
should i or should i not?
Ok.....i need money and i was thinking if i should try modeling (i have debts and my 2 jobs arent working for me) Im 21, 5'8 and really skinny (103 pounds)

I m thinking about modeling but im sacred to death of trying it out because i dont know if i have what it takes, my friends said i could do it but im not sure.

What do you think? im not pretty next girl look, im thinking more high fashion because i feel like i can look pretty but in a weird way.

Be honest! you will not hurt my feelings i swear! feedback would help a lot of people who dont know me.

http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/uwamin...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

try it out. just beware of the people who want nude pictures. unless that is something you want to do.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:56 PM

I think now more than ever they are looking for girls with "alternative beauty". Look at the models American Apparel chooses!

Go for it!

You can also try being a promo model, they make good money and its fun at the same time! Its also a good way to get "discovered"
02-19-2014, 12:58 PM

I can't open the link but honestly, go for it!

1) If all of your friends are urging for you to go for it, do it. It's because they find you attractive. They think you have what it takes, and are urging you to do it because they know you'll succeed. Take their advice! If you were ugly, you'd probably have at least one or two friends telling you not to go into it because you'd be unsuccessful
2) Nowadays, a lot of models aren't even attractive. As long as you have a skinny body and are able to actually model, you should be fine! Only the Victoria's Secret Angels are actually really attractive.
3) With professional stylists and makeup artists, working professionals should be able to do you up and make you look realllly good!

It's probably a lack of self-confidence. You should go for it Smile Don't be scared. Try it and see if it works. If it doesn't work out, what have you lost? Nothing! It's a good experience. You're testing things out as you grow up and seeing what suits you!
02-19-2014, 01:06 PM

Dancing in bars, you probably get paid money sooner, but I DO NOT recommend that . . . . than modeling, since you have to spend money for auditioning.

If you're not sure, best advice I've gotten is DON'T.

You got 10,000 to one chance.

There were 10,000 hopeful models for Victoria's Secret in Dec. fashion show also. Out of those, 5 were chosen as finalists, and only one was chosen as the winner. Check it out. It's not just a pretty face. It takes a certain walk, attitude, confidence & can stand the stress. Some models were discovered walking home from a vacation at the airport, sitting in restaurants with their family, or walking in the malls.

The best way to deal with modeling agencies is by contacting your area that is local and have a good record through the Better Business Bureau, not online. I went to a poise & charm school, back in the 70's, and wasted my money because they didn't promise they'll give me a job, but I learned something from it. I learned how to be poise, presentable, and walk like a model, and that is not something you won't ever forget, to look like a model.
There are many predators out there, that attract many people of all sexes, ages, and demographic.

Sending out photos or videos of wannabes, is like sending your profiles to people in jail, you don't know them, AND YOU just can't trust everyone, this is the world wide web, that can attract the whole world: your address and everything about YOU.

Craigslist now Facebook too, is a good reputable website, but they get a bad rap because of what ONE PERSON did or done. Same scenario.

SOMEONE ON YA SENT A NAKED PHOTO, NOW SHE REGRETS IT:
"I sent a naked photo a month ago.?
This person pressured me into sending them a nude photo. My face is a profile as I don't really look like me I mean my hair is up with no makeup. Or my eyes are closed and u can't see like all that much but it shows some hair down there. I was wondering if the person hasn't sent it out by now.. Would they? I'm only 16 and they were older it was for a modeling gig. I just regret it and I want to get over it please help!"

London, Jan 15 : Model Tali Lennox, who regrets cutting her hair short, has vowed to retain her own personal style in future.
The British beauty, daughter of Eurythmics singer Annie Lennox, chopped her long locks and sported a boyish cut in the beginning of her modelling career, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"When I first started modeling I was persuaded to cut my hair into a blunt, Lego man cut. It was not good. I've been growing it out ever since. It's a lesson learnt - you have to keep a sense of yourself," Lennox told LOOK magazine.
The 21-year-old model maintains her slender figure by eating as many fresh fruit and vegetables as possible, consuming most of her meals raw to maximise their health benefits.