This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what are some ways to boost a wifi signal without connecting things directly to modem?
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
what are some ways to boost a wifi signal without connecting things directly to modem?
I don't have high speed but my neighbors do and they let me use theirs (They gave me their password in return for helping them out) but they are three houses down my street so I don't get a good connection. Any ways to boost the connecting? (Price doesn't really matter)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

You'll want to get a range extender. Something like the Apple AirPort Express Base Station or a Netgear WN3000RP would allow you to extend the range of your neighbor's network and allow better connectivity for you - it will require some setting up and you'll want to verify the security settings, but I've had a ton of good luck using these to extend networks in large homes, out to pool houses, to garages, etc. There are a ton of different models available, the ones I suggested are a couple that have worked well for me. Hope that helps!

Agent Lindsey S.
Badge 49398
Double Agent-HT
Geek Squad Social Media Team
01/03/2014

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply