This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my gaming rig outdated?which rig is better the amd 6 core or thE intel core i7 3rd gen 6 corE cpu.what do I?
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Is my gaming rig outdated?which rig is better the amd 6 core or thE intel core i7 3rd gen 6 corE cpu.what do I?
Hey guys I bn doin comparison with my friend on gaming,here is his rig

Amd fx procssor 6 core @ 2.8ghz
ati radeon 7790 with 1gb dedicated memory
16gb ram
1.5tb hdd
6mb l3 cache
27 inch widescreen

Now my friend was saying my rig is a bit outdated.

I want to say with my rig I'm playing the following games @ full hd and 2k resolution on my monitor.
This is my rig

processor intel core i7 (3rd gen) 6 core
cpu @ 3.4ghz with turbo boost and
hyperthreading
memory 16gb ddr3
GPU NVidia GTX 760TI (the 780ti was
way out of my price range and I hope
this one would be capable of good
gaming)
8mb l3 cache
250gb ssd
motherboard msi
1.5tb sata hdd
27 inch monitor widescreen
powersupply is 750watts but I was
hopping to get a 800watts
Nvidia gforce gtx 760ti 2048mb dedicated gpu. (2 on sli)

I'm playing the following games @ full hd, 2k resolutions and ultra quality
Cod ghosts
Nfs rivals,battlefield 4
Batman arkham origins
Injustice gods among us
Splintr cell blacklist
The witcher 2
Cod blackopps 2

Now my question is is my rig outdated?and my friend and I been arguing that nvidia gforcE gtx 760 ti is a high end card n h saying its not.furthr stating that it is inferior to ati radeon 7790 is this true?and as far as I'm concErned the core i7 6 core beats the amd 6 core ryt? Please help wif ur views.do I need to upgrade to a quad sli setup?cause rightnw I hv 2 gtx770ti on sli.I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM

First off, yes your gaming pc is outdated. Heck I just built mine last week with high end parts and it is outdated. Every week there is a new part coming out that is slightly better. It is what it is. I can play anything I want at any settings, so being technically "outdated" does not really matter. Your gaming pc is doing what it needs to and at the settings you are happy with, so that all that matters in that regard.

Secondly, I am not sure which exact versions of those graphics cards you are trying to compare as there are several versions out there of each. But the GTX 760 Ti is better, and here is a link to show you the differences: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7790-v...GTX-760-Ti

Third, I don't know the specific processors you are trying to compare, but from the information you listed on them, the i7 is far better.

Fourth of all, do not add an additional graphics card. For gaming, it is better to have no more than 2 graphics cards running in SLI or Crossfire due to screen tearing and other technical issues that can occur. If you are running multi-monitor setup for video editing and multi-tasking then having more than two graphics cards is one thing, but for just a monitor or two for gaming, there is not reason to have more than two cards with how technology is right now. It would be better to invest in a more powerful single card, or two more powerful single cards for SLI.

If you need any help you can contact me at https://www.facebook.com/pages/NBSN/205302762950470
Please include the link to your yahoo question so I can know what the issue is and I will respond as quickly as I can. Typically you will recieve a response within an hour, but it will depend on total workload.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Yours in not outdated his rig is Better He has better cards a Better CPU its what you might call in some aspects his Rig is more powerful than yours but in others its not .