This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is it illegal to for someone to make a fake facebook profile and what can I do about it?
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM
is it illegal to for someone to make a fake facebook profile and what can I do about it?
My cousin who is 15yrs old female has had 2 fake facebook profiles made using all of her identity. Her photographs and her personal details have been used in the fakes.
Whoever it is that has created these profiles has added some of their own things to her profile including some extra pictures posed in a provocotive manner which look very similar to my cousin but her face is not visible.
Also the age has been changed to make her older and her hometown has been changed.

I am extremely worried about this situation and we have reported this to facebook via the option button available but nothing has been done.
Is this a matter for the police?

There has to be something we can do to legally to either find out who has done this or remove the fake profiles from the site.
Please help.
the thing that worries me is the provocotive added pics. My cousin is a child still at 15yrs old.
this could be a man who has made this profile???
Should I be worried?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

Considering there are thousands of kids making fake fan pages just for fun, I don't think you can do much, but report it to Facebook management.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:50 PM

There is nothing you can do about it but have fun.
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

Report their profile as FAKE PROFILE, and explain to them what you just told us. You MUST provide reasonable evidence and assumption that someone is taking over their account, evidence in which the Facebook Management can clearly observe as an illegal part of the Facebook area.

*Reports are strictly made private only for the management staff to closely take appropriate action and look closer into the situation. Any false reports or information made, will be strictly be made by a law enforcement agency and further actions will be placed on the person who has filed these reports.