This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I buy a laptop or iPhone?
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Should I buy a laptop or iPhone?
Okay. I'll soon have a lot of money to get something for myself.

And i've narrowed it down to 2 options.

1 - 16GB iPhone 5S on Virgin Mobile
2 - Laptop

I have reasons why each one would be good to have.
With the iPhone I can play games, use social networks, and call/text people wherever I am.

With the laptop I can play online games with my friends and make a YouTube account i've always wanted.

I just can't decide :/
And if I do choose a laptop, which one should I get for 500 dollars?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

With the iphone 5s you can do anything you would on a laptop including making a youtube account.! so i'd get the phone!1

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

laptop.
02-19-2014, 01:01 PM

With a laptop, you can do pretty much everything you want to do with an iPhone. If you want to be able to play certain games, you will need a laptop. Although some facebook games have an app (e.g. candy crush), many of them don't. You can get flash player on a laptop too, whereas you can't on an iPhone. Obviously, you can also use social networking sites on a laptop as well as an iPhone.
Also, you can text any number for free on a laptop using cbfsms.co.uk and receive replies too. Therefore, you don't really need an iPhone Smile
02-19-2014, 01:10 PM

I would say the iphone probably - mainly because most sub 1000 dollar laptops are kind of terrible. Though a good laptop will certainly be more productive than an iphone, if you could save more then a laptop would be good, but if you want something now then an iphone will be better, just limit you with what you can do on it. If you do want a laptop maybe look at some of these custom laptop websites you'll get more for your money which is important seeing that your budget is not that great for a new laptop - though that does not mean you cannot get a good solid laptop for your money. Also if you did decide to save then can I recommend an apple product, i've used high spec windows laptops and my Alien-ware $2500 computer yet I still go back to the 5 year old, limited spec macbook pro.