This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advertising on a facebook group?
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Advertising on a facebook group?
I am the sole admin for a large facebook group for my college class (around 3100 people) and think that nearby student apartments would be interested in advertising on that page (say, if I made the banner photo their housing complex and address or something). The facebook group was not created by the school, it was created by me and grew by word of mouth and social networking. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if this is okay, as in legal to do on facebook, selling advertising space on the group on facebook group I have created?

If it's not okay, why?
If it is, advice? Is it a good idea?
thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM

Since Facebook wants to make advertising revenue, there are no doubt limits in their terms and conditions I'm too lazy to read. There is a lot of stealth marketing that typically links to a business site where the real selling starts. If you had a business Facebook page, you can log in under that name so any posts would create a link to the business page. You would just have to mention "Yea our company deals in housing" letting them follow from there.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply