This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Career path for me? Consumer electronics marketing?
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Career path for me? Consumer electronics marketing?
Hi, I'm in 12th grade and soon I will have to make my mind up. What to major in college, what career path to pursue…

First of all, I love consumer electronics. I see myself as a Chief Marketing Officer of Microsoft,Google,Asus,Gigabte,etc… I love the tech indstry and I am a geek.

Right now, I have a small business/hobby, I build gaming computers and sell them to the right people. Here's my facebook page : facebook.com/gamingcomputerspr

I know I would do an amazing job by representing a company's product.

I know English and Spanish 100% with their respective accents(I'm from Puerto Rico) I like working with other persons. I have a business mind. I know I would help numerous companies in achieving great consumer services.

Where are most of these companies located and what degrees do I need?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM

Although many states have their pockets of companies, most of the companies with the best opportunities in your chosen field are located in California. I live in Texas. The best tech companies are located in the Austin area. To get an idea now of who is located where you should use Google. For individual companies you are familiar with you should search by name. After that you should conduct a broad search by field. That will most likely produce a lot of names of companies you have never heard of but will still give you the information you seek: where they are located.

With regard to education, I see two distinct routes. The first would be a technical degree (BS) in your chosen field from a college that offers it. Because it's still a new field that might require some digging and maybe counseling from someone in the field or a college under consideration. Once you've finished your four year undergraduate work you should immediately apply for entry in a masters program (MBA) in Business Administration and major in Marketing. Once done you will have excellent credentials to enter your chosen field of business. The second route would be to get your undergraduate degree in Business Administration (BBA) with a major in Marketing. A masters degree in Business Administration (MBA) would be helpful but depending on who you eventually work for might not be necessary. Last, the schools you would seek out for the BS might be limited so start your search now and apply early for entrance. The schools that offer a BBA will be numerous with good ones most likely being found close to where you live.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply