This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you hide behind another Personality?
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Do you hide behind another Personality?
I mean, at times when you are feeling sad or confused or just not loved? But then you feel guilty to give in and not be strong. You feel that you must be the "clown". Like tears of a clown...

I saw this under a picture on Facebook, and have to agree with it for the most part. How do you feel:

"It's hard to be our true self. We hang since childhood unresolved wounds that cause suffering, same again today. Injuries are the rejection, abandonment, injustice, humiliation, betrayal. Over time, we believe that we are imperfect and unworthy. Many diseases, well as the shape of our body are the result of our thoughts, our wounds. Adult, we sometimes react to certain situations, at some people, strange way, unconsciously, for fear of being hurt again. To protect ourselves, we hide our true personality behind masks, in this way, we cut ourselves off from ourselves and others. The only way out is, to accept and welcome oneself with love and compassion, without criticism or judgment. Allow to yourself the right to be and to make mistakes. Thereby, you make a big step toward healing. We must accept that sometimes we are not always what we want. There is no shame to experiment and learn. We all do. We all do our best, according to our knowledge. By being indulgent towards us, we become with others. Life brings to us the people and situations to learn about us. They are the mirror of our beliefs, our thoughts and our wounds. Recognize our wounds, accept and take responsibility, without judgment or condemnation, this is to heal and thus, become what we really are."
I would say instead of indulgent a better word would be "accepting"

By being accepting towards others, we accept ourselves (and grow from there) <<<those are my thoughts.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:51 PM

no I am myself and don't try to be something I am not ever.

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:58 PM

I used to. I thought it to be a sign of weakness to show emotion.

Now I am more vocal about my feelings but hard to read from facial expressions.
02-19-2014, 01:00 PM

I wear a mask that is exactly the same as myself. When people interact with me, they get an exaggerated, oversimplified version of who I really am.

It is really the best mask, as it allows you to shave off the rough edges without really changing the core.

Those who wear unfamiliar masks may find an unfamiliar bodkin in their barely recognizable hand one day, and in an unlikely thrust place it squarely in an unknown jugular, only to wake up to realize that they have slaughtered themselves for public opinion.
02-19-2014, 01:01 PM

I'm always myself. If I'm sad, I'm sad. If I'm happy, I'm happy. On the other hand, we can't all go around crying on everyone's shoulder because of all our hurts in life. We all have them. We reconcile them and go on. It's how we build our strength for life. If we all wore our 'wounds' on the outside of ourselves we would all be hideously scarred, crawling along like a slug. The human spirit is incredibly strong and resilient. When we fall, when we're injured, we take a moment, catch our breath, put a Band-Aid on our knee and go on. What else can we do?
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

I like to think I am "True to Myself"
What you see is what you get
Chetak
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM

Not really....but sometimes yeah, I will put on a good face for another so they do not have to share my sadness.

No one knows what it's like♫... ♫♪ ...

....To be the sad man ♪ Behind blue eyes ...

No matter where ya go.....there ya are!
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM

no, i think people should be themselves
02-19-2014, 01:30 PM

Just be yourself. Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.