This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I get another facebook account?
02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Should I get another facebook account?
I have had an account for a few years now and have lots of friends and lots of banter goes on like with most people on facebook. The thing is I have just made my new website as I want to get a job as a graphic designer. I have read that it is good to have a link on your site for twitter and facebook etc so was wondering if I should make a new more professional facebook account where I can still have friends but is a bit more serious plus I can use it as another way of showing off my work. I don't know if it is worth doing or not? Anyone else been in this situation?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

I personally wouldn't link my Facebook to my professional website - mixing your professional life with your personal life is dangerous and they are simply too different things that should be kept separate. Plus, you are not allowed to have more than one Facebook account at one time. You can make a Facebook PAGE about your website and design so that people can like it, you can update your fans with new work/prices/offers/etc, and it's much safer and much more professional than linking it to your personal Facebook profile.

I believe that that is what the article meant when it said it's a good idea to "link to Facebook." Personal information and your private life is kept on Facebook, whereas customers should not be.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply