Twitist Forums
What is the purpose of Facebook and similar web sites? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What is the purpose of Facebook and similar web sites? (/thread-33815.html)

Pages: 1 2

What is the purpose of Facebook and similar web sites? - FairyBlessed - 11-09-2012 06:52 PM

A friend invited me to join, I joined now that friend only communicates via facebook, we used to text and email, and phone each other.

What is the purpose of Facebook and similar web sites?

- Luck Dragon (UK) - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

there just a bit of fun

- Venere - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

To keep in touch with friends

- jollymusic662 - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

It's an experiment in social control!

Since everybody (almost) has access to the internet, those of us who have been foolish enough to lay bare our souls in such a forum are open to the abuses which go with such an act.

Employers are slowly cottoning on to this phenomenon, and may hire/fire dependent upon stuff they read.

As for me - I prefer to keep secrets. That's why none of you really know my real name!

- RuBy! - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

it is like a social life on the web!
i like it! i have over 60 friends! most of whom i went to high school with and have not spoken to since then! it is great way to keep in touch!!

- computelgt - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

its not written in stone But I belive most People use it as a dating site a place where they hope to meet with others offline for a little fun and games

tried to keep it as clean as possible.

- ladybug347 - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

So if your parents tell you to clean your room or won't buy you a new iPod, you can complain about it to the entire world.

- Helen M - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

This site will explain the purpose of them and why people use them, and a list to the many other popualr networking sites.
http://socialnetworkinghelp.blogspot.com

- crackpac - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

facebook and myspace are social networking sites meant to bring people together who do not know each other personally but have same interests or affiliations (i.e. went to same high school/college)

unfortunately sometimes these sites take the place of actual physical contact with folks you do know in person. this is one of the fall backs of the internet in general.

- crackpac - 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

It's all part of world order coming into play again so they can spy on us!