Twitist Forums
I don't have a Facebook/Twitter account. Am I missing anything? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I don't have a Facebook/Twitter account. Am I missing anything? (/thread-25105.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Renter - 11-09-2012 11:52 AM

Your not missing a thing! If your friends are your friends then they will let you know face to face or by phone what is going on in their lives. Don't feel like you have to do anything. Peer pressure is all that it is, if you fall into it now then what will you have of yourself? Make up your own mind, PERIOD

- Boss - 11-09-2012 11:52 AM

Hi,

I think it helps if you have friends/family far away. You can see what's going on with them. I'm in that boat, also since I left high school and don't see my friends at all, It's good that I can stay in touch with them. Still, I prefer a face to face chat. I don't see facebook as "great fun" just a way for me to talk to people I couldn't normally talk to (especially if I lose a phone number.) But I know that there are all sorts of games up there (facebook, I have no idea what twitter is all about). So, in short, you don't NEED it, I don't know if it will be of any use to you, especially since you don't like internet conversations, but it is an okay thing to have. I wouldn't say you are necessarily missing anything though. I hope this helps : )

- Anna - 11-09-2012 11:52 AM

Facebook is actually very convenient in some cases for example, creating events( you can give multiple people the time date and place an event is going to be and discuss it with them) and It's use full when you want to talk to someone without using a phone and is an easy way for someone who lives away form you to find you or get in contact with you (for example, my best Friend from when I was 3 found me on facebook). I hardly use facebook as other people on it get annoying after a point, and it's distracting. That said the games on It are fun and when people get too annoying you can always block them.
As for twitter, I have only used the account once but Its good If you like a certain celebrity as you can follow them, I don't think you are missing much with twitter but the pros of having a facebook really outweigh the cons, and If it gets annoying having a facebook you can always deactivate Your account.
hope this helps

- priyanka - 11-09-2012 11:52 AM

create ur account dnt use ur pic before understanding it and if u find it attractive then go ahead otherwise deactivate ur account

- Anusha - 11-09-2012 11:52 AM

Don't have social media accounts is not a big deal, if you have that you can maintain everlasting relationships.