This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't have a Facebook/Twitter account. Am I missing anything?
11-09-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't have a Facebook/Twitter account. Am I missing anything?
All my friends have account ( or accounts) there. They use to tell me that I should join them too cause its great fun. However I am not fond of chatting over internet. As a matter of fact I don't even use internet much. I am very reluctant about creating an account or joining a social networking site unless I am sure that I will use it. Will Facebook/Twitter account be of any use for me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:52 AM

Creating one won't hurt. But be careful ! And you don't really have to if you dont want to

Ads

Better stay away from all these social websites because once you'll make an account and if you'll don't have any control ..u will become super addictive like me! Big Grin

u have great life.congratulated Smile

If you feel like you want to, you do it. No one is going to force you into something. In my opinon create a facebook/twitter account and try it out, or check it once in a while? Theres no law that you have to go on it everyday Big Grin

Unless you consider the latest updates on the Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey's American Idol fight interesting or drama between the housewives of Orange County, New Jersey and New York interesting then no I don't think Twitter or Facebook will make much of a difference. you seem like you have a very drama-free lifestyle props to you. : )

Hi,

I think it helps if you have friends/family far away. You can see what's going on with them. I'm in that boat, also since I left high school and don't see my friends at all, It's good that I can stay in touch with them. Still, I prefer a face to face chat. I don't see facebook as "great fun" just a way for me to talk to people I couldn't normally talk to (especially if I lose a phone number.) But I know that there are all sorts of games up there (facebook, I have no idea what twitter is all about). So, in short, you don't NEED it, I don't know if it will be of any use to you, especially since you don't like internet conversations, but it is an okay thing to have. I wouldn't say you are necessarily missing anything though. I hope this helps : )

Facebook is actually very convenient in some cases for example, creating events( you can give multiple people the time date and place an event is going to be and discuss it with them) and It's use full when you want to talk to someone without using a phone and is an easy way for someone who lives away form you to find you or get in contact with you (for example, my best Friend from when I was 3 found me on facebook). I hardly use facebook as other people on it get annoying after a point, and it's distracting. That said the games on It are fun and when people get too annoying you can always block them.
As for twitter, I have only used the account once but Its good If you like a certain celebrity as you can follow them, I don't think you are missing much with twitter but the pros of having a facebook really outweigh the cons, and If it gets annoying having a facebook you can always deactivate Your account.
hope this helps

create ur account dnt use ur pic before understanding it and if u find it attractive then go ahead otherwise deactivate ur account

Don't have social media accounts is not a big deal, if you have that you can maintain everlasting relationships.