Twitist Forums
Can someone tell me what is facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Can someone tell me what is facebook? (/thread-34323.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Roo - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

It is a little easier to use than Myspace and much less cluttered, it's better for close friends and relatives ect, also much easier to find people you haven't seen in years. One downfall is people can see almost literally everything you do, for example, me and you are friends on facebook, you comment on somebody elses page and it comes up on my homepage of what you said to them so you have to be careful of what you say depending on who you have added Tongue
I always used myspace and hated facebook until around a year or so ago when I started getting into facebook and now I rarely use myspace, like I said before, facebook is a lot easier to contact friends and family and is a lot easier on the eyes, just takes some getting used to is all.

- Tanuja Cullen - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Facebook is a social network service and website launched in February 2004 that is operated and privately owned by Facebook, Inc.As of July 2010 Facebook has more than 500 million active users,Users may create a personal profile, add other users as friends and exchange messages, including automatic notifications when they update their profile. Additionally, users may join common interest user groups, organized by workplace, school, or college, or other characteristics. The name of the service stems from the colloquial name for the book given to students at the start of the academic year by university administrations in the US with the intention of helping students to get to know each other better. Facebook allows anyone who declares themselves to be at least 13 years old to become a registered user of the website.

- Tex D - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

It's an online free social networking site that allows you to create you're own profile, find you're friends and add them. Be careful what you put up there though because anyone can read them unless you change you're security settings in Account Settings.

It's better than Myspace and everything is better than Bebo.

If you want, watch The Social Network, that is REALLY good!

- Asam Kiliarda - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Facebook as the name suggests is like a online book with a face that means pictures. it can be your pictures and also you can see the pictures of your friends whom you will add to your account or they will add you. There are also some ohter feautures like you can chat with your friends and also write messages on the main page and share that with your friends. also you can share videos and play games . You only need an email Id Yahoo and then when you will register you will make a new password. After that you must know your fiiends name by which they have their accounts . Can be their real names or nick names or both. Then just go to the search and type their name and it will come and then send them an invitation and when they will accept it they will be added to your account. Or your friends will send you an invitation and you will have to accept it . So thats how it works and after that you can share phtos, videos, messages your personal information. etc etc. Easy right.

- Monique Cowan - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Well, basically, it is just a site where you can share pictures/videos/events etc with your friends. You can connect with old friends that you want to speak to again.. you can find anyone Smile you can play games and talk to friends on 'chat'. The live news feed allows you to see what is on other peoples minds and where abouts they are. It's great to catch up with old friends and make new ones. Its SO easy to sign up (its free!) its worth it Smile
Hope i helped, enjoy Smile

- Elliot L - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

A social networking site to meet/add friends/family, you can post status, comment status, play games e.g Farmville, upload pictures/videos, phone updates, tag people on pictures, IM chat, join groups, like things and more.

- Mister2-15-2 - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Haven't noticed a lot of extra junk making it to my main page, but firefox maybe controlling that, and always log on and off. Did notice it seems to slightly slow computer. Would love to know were all the stuff is stored and how old stuff gets erased don't have clue about that. Not a big user and negatives don't seem to outweigh little value it has for me. It's kind of like another search engine that connects you occasionally connect with third third cousin five times removed LOL or very distant acquiesces.

- Neon - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Its a social networking website. Like myspace. I wouldn't sign up. Losts of people's identities are stolen, passwords changed, emails changed, and people say bad things in your name if they can hack into your account (which is simple) its not private at all. The Facebook network can use your information you share with the world. DONT sign up.

- Rudy - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Its for you and your friends to keep in touch, You can share whatever you want, but the amount you share is up to you. you can set your privacy to just friends or everyone, s

- Mukund - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

i still don't have one --------but i think y/a is better than facebook