This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone tell me what is facebook?
11-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Can someone tell me what is facebook?
simple question. yeah i know it's really stupid but i've never been on facebook and everyone i know is trying to push me to join it. But i don't feel comfortable. I don't feel like going into another myspace. Can someone please explain it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM

its on online communication device basically. you go there nd catch up with old friends and old classmates and you keep in contact with them

Ads

Its like twitter, bebo and msn messenger rolled into one.
Its not for finding dates or anything, just keeping in touch with friends.

It's a social networking site just like Myspace and other similiar sites but it's alot more personal and involved. You are likely to interact with your friends more on it than Myspace and there are a number of privacy settings to keep it the way you want it. I would recommend joining, it's actually a pretty decent site. Good luck! Tongue

Facebook is (like myspace) a social network.
But, (unlike myspace) there are people there older than 16 as well.

There are different social networks - but Linkedin, Facebook are among the biggest.

Myspace is losing popularity due to too many fake profiles, and spreading of virusses via either fake or hacked profiles.
The problem with facebook is privacy - don`t share just about everything.

Haven't noticed a lot of extra junk making it to my main page, but firefox maybe controlling that, and always log on and off. Did notice it seems to slightly slow computer. Would love to know were all the stuff is stored and how old stuff gets erased don't have clue about that. Not a big user and negatives don't seem to outweigh little value it has for me. It's kind of like another search engine that connects you occasionally connect with third third cousin five times removed LOL or very distant acquiesces.

Its a social networking website. Like myspace. I wouldn't sign up. Losts of people's identities are stolen, passwords changed, emails changed, and people say bad things in your name if they can hack into your account (which is simple) its not private at all. The Facebook network can use your information you share with the world. DONT sign up.

Its for you and your friends to keep in touch, You can share whatever you want, but the amount you share is up to you. you can set your privacy to just friends or everyone, s

i still don't have one --------but i think y/a is better than facebook

Facebook is a website that offers access to the largest social network in the world. Its aim is to facilitate its users to keep in touch with their acquaintances, so that they can easily communicate with them whenever they want.