Twitist Forums
Can someone tell me what is facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Can someone tell me what is facebook? (/thread-34323.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Can someone tell me what is facebook? - Brianna - 11-09-2012 07:12 PM

simple question. yeah i know it's really stupid but i've never been on facebook and everyone i know is trying to push me to join it. But i don't feel comfortable. I don't feel like going into another myspace. Can someone please explain it.

- Diamond - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

its on online communication device basically. you go there nd catch up with old friends and old classmates and you keep in contact with them

- Jay Sin - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Its like twitter, bebo and msn messenger rolled into one.
Its not for finding dates or anything, just keeping in touch with friends.

- Jesse B - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

It's a social networking site just like Myspace and other similiar sites but it's alot more personal and involved. You are likely to interact with your friends more on it than Myspace and there are a number of privacy settings to keep it the way you want it. I would recommend joining, it's actually a pretty decent site. Good luck! Tongue

- massivemoon808 - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

It's really safe cause you can make your account private, if someone adds u that u don't no just ignore they won't know about it. If a friend you have is getting on your nerves delete them. It's fun, you should join Smile

- U_S_S_Enterprise - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Facebook is (like myspace) a social network.
But, (unlike myspace) there are people there older than 16 as well.

There are different social networks - but Linkedin, Facebook are among the biggest.

Myspace is losing popularity due to too many fake profiles, and spreading of virusses via either fake or hacked profiles.
The problem with facebook is privacy - don`t share just about everything.

- kenzz - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

i think its just like myspace just way better

- Momma to J Man - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

Its a social network where you can keep in touch with friends, upload photos, and update statuses ect. Pretty much like MySpace. Its fairly simple.

- Elis Evans - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

A place to keep in touch with your friends, play games, and show other people yourself (music, tv and books and tastes, ect.) You can make your profile private so other creeps can't go on your profile =)

My opinion = the best keep-in-touch website on the net!

Get facebook, once you get used to it you will be stuck to it!

- Ruskie - 11-09-2012 07:21 PM

It's a way to stay in touch with family and friends. Upload pix, video and say a few words. I like having an account in there because my family is spread all over the US and I can see what they are all doing.
Join up and if you don't like it delete the account.