Twitist Forums
Checking teens texts- OK or NOT? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Checking teens texts- OK or NOT? (/thread-36936.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Spike X - 11-09-2012 08:48 PM

Every human being has a basic right to privacy. It doesn't matter whose goddamn house they're living in. It's not necessary for parents to snoop on their kids unless they have a specific reason to think they're in some kind of immediate danger. "Living in the world" does not qualify.

I wouldn't go around eavesdropping on my kids' private conversations. This is basically the same thing.

- Y - 11-09-2012 08:48 PM

A parent that checks and can see and reacts to a potential issues while pissing off the child. Is much happier then the parent being woken up at 2:00 in the morning by the police. Telling them their child is dead.

- shanon - 11-09-2012 08:48 PM

Why don't you ask your mom why she does it. Ask her if she doesn't trust you and if there is anything you can do to make her feel more comfortable. Explain that it makes you sad (don't say annoyed) when she does this because it make you feel a certain way (whatever that may be). Remind her of all you accomplishments and compare that to other kids you may know that are not so good (into drugs, etc.). Your mom has the right to do what she wants, but i know she is pushing you away by doing these things. Just remember she loves you and wants to protect you. She will feel that way for the rest of your life and you will understand whenever you decide to have children. I hope this helps!! Good day!