Twitist Forums
Does this mean we will have to be extra careful in what we post on Yahoo? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Does this mean we will have to be extra careful in what we post on Yahoo? (/thread-6037.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Natalie - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

I am afraid freedom of speech is no longer my friend.
In res-ponce to your question yes you do have to be very careful what you say anywhere. I think the man in your link has been lets say made an example of . NOT THAT I AM SUGGESTING WHAT HE HAS SAID IS CORRECT ! but i think he was sick because the airport was closed and he took it out on his twitter page. Like he said he did not expect all that carry on.
If we look at this another way imagine if they had never checked it out and he really did blow up the airport in question. What would we all be saying then ? They have not done their job properly they have all that technology and they still got it wrong.
So either way this was going to make the headlines ! Lets thank our lucky stars it was just a misunderstanding .some one taking out how they feel on a Twitter page. And remember Twitter as all the sites do have an obligation to report this type of thing to the police.Just in case.
Best Wishes
Natalie {Thank you for a thought provoking question Sir,}

- Riki - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

What you posted certainly shows how some people really don't understand how serious terrorism is these days. If any one posts something at all questionable even in jest they deserve all they get. Common sense is the rule.

- Laredo - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

Well GB I have to say that I think the chap was very foolish, in this day and age you cannot make jokes about blowing anything up, the powers that be do have to check in case it really is going to the real thing. Having said that, terrorists do not usually announce when they are going to blow something up they just do it. Everyone should be extra careful about the things they say on the internet, although on other matters I do think the world has gone PC mad about some sillier things.

- noisymice798 - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

yes you can say whatever you want
but also you can be arrested for what you say if it involves threats or if you mention you want to harm someone

- Ʈhі§ʈƖє - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

I think the world gone mad.....political correctness and it's annoying.

- сс - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

wow....I always say dumb things like that! I need to stop, stupid over sensitive people!

- raspypie799 - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

I was detained at Dinard Airport for having an explosive device in my underpants only last week. When I was stripped, the female searcher commented that my weapon could easily cause the average woman to detonate. I was released after several hours of minute investigation by a twenty strong team of female searchers. I left with 23 telephone numbers, unfortunately 2 of them were from male cabin staff, Jeremy and Sandy.

- GenetteS - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

I see what you mean Greybeard and it proves the vigilance of the public and security forces. Imagine the outcry, though, if it hadn't been a hoax and the bombing went ahead.

I feel sorry for the Nigerian, who must have been trained at an I.R.A. training camp. He was arrested attempting to blow up the plane to Detroit with explosives hidden in his underwear. It was only during the flight that he found out he wasn't wearing underwear.

- MO LE volentY - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

Hmnnn.....Nah!

- eagerSamurai365 - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

wtf?
I swear, the world HAS gone mad!!!
:|