This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does this mean we will have to be extra careful in what we post on Yahoo?
10-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Does this mean we will have to be extra careful in what we post on Yahoo?
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100118/tuk...ad41d.html

THE WORLD HAS GONE PC MAD!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 03:09 AM

We will just have to continue to watch are Ps and Qs. GB.

Ads

What does freedom of Speech mean?

Crazy!

ok not a clever thing to post, but very harsh response and by far overkill!

so like the Clash songs says We have the right to free speech as long as no one is stupid enough to actually try it

Yes I have been getting the impression that this site over reacts to easily and interferes a little to much with the question and answers that are posted here ,I have had several violation notices from yahoo when really they should mind their own business and I have told them this, after all, free speech this is UK not some Banana republic where government monitor these sorts of sites

Yep, although I won't be able to check whether you have anything explosive hidden in your underwear when you are posting something on YA...;-)

Headlines like this are becoming more commonplace everyday. I don't know what they're playing at but it sounds sinister. It looks like they're saying 'we're listening to everything you say and can arrest whoever we want, so watch it'. So yes, I suppose it does.

Another day, another civil liberty lost in the name of security. This is a wake-up call to all the 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear' merchants.

The man was a fool. Deserves to get arrested.
By the way, it was a member of the public that reported him to the police.

I am afraid freedom of speech is no longer my friend.
In res-ponce to your question yes you do have to be very careful what you say anywhere. I think the man in your link has been lets say made an example of . NOT THAT I AM SUGGESTING WHAT HE HAS SAID IS CORRECT ! but i think he was sick because the airport was closed and he took it out on his twitter page. Like he said he did not expect all that carry on.
If we look at this another way imagine if they had never checked it out and he really did blow up the airport in question. What would we all be saying then ? They have not done their job properly they have all that technology and they still got it wrong.
So either way this was going to make the headlines ! Lets thank our lucky stars it was just a misunderstanding .some one taking out how they feel on a Twitter page. And remember Twitter as all the sites do have an obligation to report this type of thing to the police.Just in case.
Best Wishes
Natalie {Thank you for a thought provoking question Sir,}

Well GB I have to say that I think the chap was very foolish, in this day and age you cannot make jokes about blowing anything up, the powers that be do have to check in case it really is going to the real thing. Having said that, terrorists do not usually announce when they are going to blow something up they just do it. Everyone should be extra careful about the things they say on the internet, although on other matters I do think the world has gone PC mad about some sillier things.