Twitist Forums
Does this mean we will have to be extra careful in what we post on Yahoo? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Does this mean we will have to be extra careful in what we post on Yahoo? (/thread-6037.html)

Pages: 1 2

Does this mean we will have to be extra careful in what we post on Yahoo? - Greybeard - 10-12-2012 03:01 AM

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100118/tuk-man-arrested-over-twitter-airport-jo-a7ad41d.html

THE WORLD HAS GONE PC MAD!

- D - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

We will just have to continue to watch are Ps and Qs. GB.

- happycrayon581 - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

What does freedom of Speech mean?

Crazy!

ok not a clever thing to post, but very harsh response and by far overkill!

- chorle - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

so like the Clash songs says We have the right to free speech as long as no one is stupid enough to actually try it

- plant - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

Yes I have been getting the impression that this site over reacts to easily and interferes a little to much with the question and answers that are posted here ,I have had several violation notices from yahoo when really they should mind their own business and I have told them this, after all, free speech this is UK not some Banana republic where government monitor these sorts of sites

- echinopsis . - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

Yep, although I won't be able to check whether you have anything explosive hidden in your underwear when you are posting something on YA...;-)

- Mr TEL - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

Headlines like this are becoming more commonplace everyday. I don't know what they're playing at but it sounds sinister. It looks like they're saying 'we're listening to everything you say and can arrest whoever we want, so watch it'. So yes, I suppose it does.

Another day, another civil liberty lost in the name of security. This is a wake-up call to all the 'nothing to hide, nothing to fear' merchants.

- STEVE S - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

Sorry GB, I'm afraid that I have to disagree with you on this one.

Although, at first sight, it looks like an over-reaction, imagine how difficult it would be for the police or security services to get a conviction if any evidence of a bomb threat, bomb hoax or terrorist plot could be dismissed as a "joke".

People who work in security leave their sense of humour at home when they are at work.

- Ian - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

The man was a fool. Deserves to get arrested.
By the way, it was a member of the public that reported him to the police.

- Respecteddoll225 - 10-12-2012 03:09 AM

they're coming to get you GB!