Twitist Forums
Would issues about Facebook's privacy policy make you quit Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook privacy (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Would issues about Facebook's privacy policy make you quit Facebook? (/thread-102875.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Sumeet - 02-23-2014 12:50 AM

Its simple Honesty is the Best policy

- anandswish - 02-23-2014 12:55 AM

I am very much in mood to quit facebook....i dont believe in reviews...i believe in facts and personal experiences....I had a facebook account working till 3 daysback and suddenly the next morning i was not able to log into my facebook account..and i recieved this error message when i tried to login ahain saying'your account has been deactivated and for further info visit the sign help'i was shocked neways i visited the help site and after entering all those formal personal info it lead me to a solution where it said your account has been compromised due to soem facebook rights and policy issues.I knew it for sure that either someone hacked into my account to which facebook claims is a rumour or there is some very serious technical issue with the facebook site itself.I am recieving some notifications from the applications associated with facebook however i am still unable to login.I mean this is a disgrace for the facebook team that they are not able to protect their users' privacy and even after filling all the vital info in the recovery option 1 cannot retrieve his account....i have been a facebook user since a long time and have been experiencing some or the other problem every now and then...sometimes they say they r facing some technical issues due to which their most used applications get stuck....sometimes there lines get choked....sometimes the user starts experiencing speed issues...i mean every now n then there is some issue with this site...so finally i came across this solution that i will quit facebook and would advice others not to join untill they promise to provide a hasslefree and carefree surfing thru their site...and also help users retrieve their accounts instantly atleast when the provide all the vital and personal info.

- Sai Heals - 02-23-2014 12:58 AM

No. I won't quite Facebook because of privacy issues. We just need to be careful to leave out from the internet what we don't want the whole world to know.

- whiz kid18 - 02-23-2014 01:11 AM

privacy is very much important for any social networking site....because people are sharing their photos,videos,etc....
if there is no privacy, i would surely quit

- imran - 02-23-2014 01:24 AM

Yes, I Quit!!!!
Infact every sensible Muslim should quit it now and for good.

- boo - 02-23-2014 01:31 AM

I am not sure bout all the policies of facebook as such but like somebody else said in one of the answers, it is important that we be mature bout what we share. I mean, if there's something that can cook up a stir with anyone, then dont share it on a social network site. Facebook does not allow a hundred percent privacy amongst individuals or groups.

Facebook did help re-uniting with old friends but what really bothers me is that even the closest friends and maybe your neighbour has become so addicted to the site that instead of meeting up or talking over phone, they just post their status or comments. I mean, I knew that my good friend who lives 3 blocks away, had an accident and was admitted after I saw his wall-post. That too on the same day!
The other day, there were six friends of mine in the house. For over 3 hours the whole house was silent. Only later to see that every single idiot was on FB and they kept chatting on it, amongst each other!!

What happened to the days where we could just meet, and coffee or a couple of drinks? People even sit in bars and post stuff on their wall. Some guy even updated his wall when he farted!
I finally quit bout 3 weeks back. I want the good old days. I am not against FB but I dont want FB changing our way of life.

- saini praveen - 02-23-2014 01:39 AM

Yes privacy policy make me quit Facebook .It must have secrecy and it is very open.

- Vaneesh C - 02-23-2014 01:46 AM

just tell me whether you can leave your house in which you lives with your family then how can one think to quite from this house and leave this family remember one thing always a well and good thing face criticism and this is every site that it have its own privacy policies.

so, here i am with face book and never wanna to be quite and this i request to every family member to respect yourself and continue.

Thanks

- Elneeta - 02-23-2014 01:58 AM

N.O [in caps n bold] !!!! ders no way am gona quit facebook !! for any reason !! dis is d source of contact wid ALL my frnds !! i jus cant !! n by the way, i trust facebook !!

- Master - 02-23-2014 02:03 AM

Of course a BIG YESSSSSSSSSS. It's shameful on the path of company to discriminate any religion...it has effected the sentiments of billions...."I QUITE FROM FACEBOOK"

FB go to HELLLLLL