This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would issues about Facebook's privacy policy make you quit Facebook?
02-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Would issues about Facebook's privacy policy make you quit Facebook?
Popular social networking site Facebook has been facing criticism for its privacy policies and despite making some changes, many privacy advocates say it's not enough. Primary critics have even created a QuitFacebookDay.com site where it asks, "If you agree that Facebook doesn't respect you, your personal data or the future of the the Web" then you may want to join in quitting Facebook on May 31 which they have declared as the offiical "Quit Facebook Day".

What do you think, will all these issues make you quit Facebook? Why? Share your views with the community now.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2014, 07:08 PM

I'm not really sure I will quit.
However I am concerned that the privacy policy is so ill-defined on Facebook. The truth is FB has helped me reconnect with a lot of my old school friends and it has been a great platform to keep in touch and meet new people.
But I really do believe that our personal data should be respected.
I hope FB evolves a more strict privacy policy soon!

Ads

02-22-2014, 07:22 PM

these things cant compel me to quit facebook as i am a student and dont know any thing else except our friends
here our group can chat ,communicate ,enjoy
thats enough
we dont need any thing else
02-22-2014, 07:29 PM

It is the privacy issues which is why I never joined Facebook and similar sites.
02-22-2014, 07:35 PM

Well actually, its quite true that it doesn't have that good privacy policies for us. But if you think in a sensible way, we too, must ensure about what to share, and what not to share. That thought should be there in our mind, about what issues we have to draw in there. After all, its social networking. People from all walks of life are connected there so how can one just quit it that way? Many old buddies are connected through it. Even new ones are invited to be our friends. In today's life, its actually not possible. If not FB, there will be hundreds of other sites like that. You actually cannot refrain people from getting into it. Well, meanwhile, after all these issues about Facebook, I have been a quite concerned about my privacy, of course. But I think if we all, together, use sensible judgement and control what we share in it, I guess, the deal will be played cool. But yes, it doesn't mean, the seclusion is enough. They must set even better privacy setting, so to protect our data.
02-22-2014, 07:40 PM

it depends on what u share
i dont share anything (not even my photo) and hence fb privacy doesnt concrn me
02-22-2014, 07:50 PM

yes, there should be some secrecy and it is very open. it is not good at all.
02-22-2014, 07:53 PM

Yes, I quit.

I quit FB because despite thousands people put petition against Draw Muhammed Day, it still not shows any regard to millions of its users and billions of people on this planet.

Second, It shows others pictures regardless of privacy settings.

It lost my trust. I quit.
02-22-2014, 07:59 PM

It is up to FB user as to what extent to share personal information. With only name and email address one can start using FB. Any contact that is genuine and needs to know more details can always take this information through other sources such as contacting the person first through mail and then in person.
02-22-2014, 08:11 PM

fuck off facebook private policy