Twitist Forums
Relationship advice with my best guy friend. Help! I feel so guilty, it's eating me alive.? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook profile (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Relationship advice with my best guy friend. Help! I feel so guilty, it's eating me alive.? (/thread-109146.html)

Relationship advice with my best guy friend. Help! I feel so guilty, it's eating me alive.? - 629 - 03-11-2014 01:37 PM

Okay. So I messed up. BIG TIME. I'm a girl, and my best guy friend lives 200+ miles away from me currently. Anyways, we used to Skype every night, and we do still Skype on nights when we are free. We've been flirting with each other a lot lately. Much more than in the past. Background info: We had a chunk of time where we were not really talking to each other at all for about 2-3 months almost. Like, some communication in between that time, but not much. In that time period I was in a relationship. We made up even stronger, and started texting everyday. Until an incident this last week. Which brings us to now... So, what happened was this. I have an account on a dating website called Plenty of Fish to collect dating behavior data. It's a social experiment! Well, my bestfriend doesn't know about that account, and it's whatever because we aren't dating, we're really good friends. Or so I thought. We've talked about dating when he moves back in a few months, and how he gets annoyed when I go into relationships with other men. I was collecting data on my account, and one guy asked to meet me. We had been messaging each other for about 2 weeks and he seemed okay, so I agreed. The problem is that immediately I realized not only how clingy this guy was, but also how much chemistry we have. He asked me out, and not thinking that he would do anything drastic I agreed. That night he tagged me in a picture that I DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD POST, as well as his changed relationship status!!! Luckily Facebook doesn't publish tagged relationship statuses anymore, but when you visited my profile you could view it. I couldn't just change it without talking to the guy first because he's emotionally fragile, BUT my best guy friend posted two statuses the next day: One reading "You're a WHORE!" and the other saying something about social experiments. He won't text me. I really do care about him a great deal, and I want to know how I should go about apologizing to him. You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

- David - 03-11-2014 01:42 PM

I didn't read the whole thing but I can assure you long distance relationships work fuck them they're no good you need to be there in the flesh fuck the world

- Carl Lee - 03-11-2014 01:45 PM

I've been in this almost exact situation before your bestfriend likes you alot and that's why when he seen the relationship status he was hurt and out of anger her posted that status. But you have to find a way that's going to get him to talk to you all you can do is try. give him a day or two then try again Smile Good luvk