Twitist Forums
Poll: Are you guilty of looking at your phone in order to look busy while you're alone? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Poll: Are you guilty of looking at your phone in order to look busy while you're alone? (/thread-109803.html)

Poll: Are you guilty of looking at your phone in order to look busy while you're alone? - Liana - 03-13-2014 09:40 PM

For example, being alone in line at a grocery store or standing alone at a party.
Do people vacantly stare at their screen, scrolling through their facebook page, twitter, etc. or pretend text in order to look busy?

- Daisy - 03-13-2014 09:51 PM

Yeah I always do that. Sometimes I even pretend I'm talking to someone on the phone.

- ∞Infinity∞ - 03-13-2014 10:04 PM

Of course. My boyfriend makes calls when he is around my family. He'll call or be on the phone as we go into my parents house. I caught on after the 3rd time. Lol. He never talks on the phone or acts busy, until someone is here or we go there.

I get on my phone and just stare and scroll on Facebook...I never have any notifications or messages...but I do it to avoid confrontation Try to make it seem like I actually have a life and friends...when in reality, I have very few and am a very boring individual. Haha.

- jesy - 03-13-2014 10:17 PM

Yes.. When i stand alone i feel many things, So i don't give a chance to think. So i always try to be busy with text or Phone calls.