Twitist Forums
What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter marketing (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? (/thread-11561.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- BenG - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

I still find the old slogan a lot better than this one..I agree with all the comments posted earlier..Tourists may have a hard time understanding what that means..it's like France using French language for their slogan, and that would leave us clueless of its meaning..

- wander - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

I think the new slogan is not that attractive to all especially to our foreign tourists. It should have an impact with regards to our country's destinations, leisure, retirement and even businessess.("Philippines... an amazing island in the east").

- Mina Gonzales - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

How can the slogan attract tourists when it is in tagalog, do tourists know tagalog?

- Ferdinand - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Its a good idea to come up with a new idea. Instead of criticizing the DOT why not support them instead.

- tuesday - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

not good at all..you can really see here how Pnoy favors abs-cbn...the slogan itself is a combination of "Pilipinas win na win" and "Umagang Kay Ganda" which are both shows of abs-cbn..The slogan is so corny or cheesy and foreigners cant be able to understand it. Why not use again the WOW Philippines??? WOW is not just an expression but means "Wealth of Wonders"! Still wished Gordon wins the Presidential election...=(..

- mztzo - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Although the slogan is nice to a Filipino who understands the language, I suggest that they re-think of something more catchy in the "ENGLISH" vernacular

- Edwin German - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Lack of creativity. I just hope that the government will think deeper.

- ? - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

i have nothing against about the new slogan.... it is still nice because it's so Filipino, but the tweets on twitter are right, it sounds like a game show or some foreigners may or may not understand the slogan... i suggest, " EXPLORE PHILIPPINES ". i think this is a nice slogan coz it emphasizes and reminding the tourists that there are a lot of beautiful places here in the Philippines to explore and to discover. What do you think...?

i am Alnel Ferraren Banawa, Biboy is my nickname.

- Jan - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

sounds like an event for gay beauty pageant...

- Shelly - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

The slogan " Pilipinas Kay Ganda' could have been made better if there was some slogan contests made where a lot of Filipino professionals and common-tao can participate, even without a prize; though, I'm not sure if there was one contest made for Filipinos to contribute.

But then, as a Filipino, I am so proud of my country, my heritage, and my Pinoy brothers & sisters who have excelled in academics, arts, science, movies, etc.. and is continuously excelling in many competitions and in their fields of careers around the world, so giving me a lot more reasons to give out all my support for this new slogan.

We can't move on and succeed if we dwell in the past and murmur over what already is done. All we need to do is look and work for the future for the betterment of our own country.
Nobody else will also enjoy the fruits of becoming a wealthy nation but us Filipinos. Nobody will also suffer in an impoverished country but also us Filipinos. We should not forget that the more a country is poorer, the more crimes and activities (terorrists, drug dealers, corruption, smugglers, prostitution etc) thrives in.
Let's just pray for our country's success, because this is our own success. Support our tourism industry hand in hand together!