Twitist Forums
What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter marketing (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? (/thread-11561.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Mr.Christmas - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

cool as wind

- krisannie - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

The new one sounds so "elementary". I still prefer the old one. And I agree to most of the people here. Promoting your country to foreign tourists in a language they don't understand is something that's so silly for me. They should have conducted a survey or a contest.

- Rod Ivans - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

The new slogan may NOT be as catchy as other Asian Countries like "Malaysia, Truly Asia"; "Amazing Thailand" or "Incredible India" so I still prefer the old WOW Philippines because you can have as many meanings as you wish for the first three letters such as "Wealth of Wonders" or "Wild over Water", etc.

- francis k - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

"Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? What does it mean?

- Marian - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

like Pilipinas Vice Ganda.

- arvin - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Here are some aspects I think why the Philippines is behind other neighboring countries in terms of the Number of tourist arrival:
1. Geography
Tourist spots are inaccessible...very much expensive when you go to remote islands by taking a plane. The Philippines is scattered Archipelago. Tourist flocks around Thailand, nearby Malaysia, Singapore, Indo China(Vietnam, Laos etc.), Indonesia, Australia.

2. Poor Infra - roads, airports, sea ports, behind from neighboring countries
3. Dirty Place, Not interesting place for food, public market so dirty,
4. Pick pockets anywhere in Manila, crimes etc.
5. Lack of International TV ads, unlike Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand
6. TV campaign/ads not so convincing
7. corrupt government culture/system
8. Mode of transport. Behind from neighboring countries.
9. Incapability of DOT. No innovative approach in attracting tourist...
10. Thailand - Amazing Thailand
India - Incredible India
Malaysia - Truly Asia
How about the Philippines?

- chi - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

walang dating! it has to be somethin "catchy" not "cheezy". Just shows that the new DOT chief either doesn't care or he just really doesn't know what he's doing. I would prefer somethin that the world knows about us already...something like "Mabuhay Philippines" or '7,107 wonders to choose from". Just a suggestion...

- petitebutter609 - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

The slogan might reinvigorate the local tourist not the international tourist, which we are targeting. How can the international tourist understand "ganda". It won't work. I suggest they change it to more appealing slogan - targeting local and international market.

- Patrick - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

I remembered then DOT Secretary Richard Gordon starting the trend of making ads/commercials for a country here in Asia... Remember the DOT slogan, Wow Philippines: More Than The Usual?

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7nRoE5lq1E

I agree that using Tagalog will definitely leave out any foreigners as it needs to be translated first before they get to grasp what it means... so I really think English is the way to go...

Hopefully, we can still change the slogan... it needs to appeal to the foreigners and yet tweak the local's interest as well... have the advertising agencies bid for it... we have a lot of creative people who can do a good job promoting the Philippines

- jun c - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

sorry walang dating