Twitist Forums
What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter marketing (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? (/thread-11561.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Audrey - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

It lacks appeal. I don't see it attracting foreigners. And yeah, why is it in Filipino? Do they even understand what it means?

- joyce - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Attractive to Pinoys but not to foreigners. How will you make it attractive to foreigners so that they could understand "Pilipinas kay Ganda"? "How lovely is the Philippines"? Is that appealing? I think not.

- trapezoid01 - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Pilipinas kay ganda? naku, walang amor, sorry. DOT should rethink...this sounds, sorry to offend but - it does sound boring.

I prefer WOW Philippines, easily understood and very catchy. If we are trying to market our country to the world, it is best we use the universal language. It'll definitely boost tourism, after all, most foreigners speak English. :]

- Tito - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

A slogan written in our vernacular is meant to be for Filipinos - that's it. Clearly people behind this slogan is not attuned to the the world campaign of other asian countries. It has to excite the viewer as well as the listener of what we offer. We should offer our lifestyle not only scenery. It's about the people, food and casual life we have. Shopping is not ours as most of our goods are also from Bangkok and China if not Korea.

- Jaypee - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Amazing Thailand.
Uniquely Singapore.
Malaysia, Truly Asia.
Incredible India.
Seoul, Infinitely Yours.

then....

Pilipinas Kay Ganda???

for a Filipino, we don't need to be reminded of how beautiful our country is.
Living for nearly two years in the Middle East made me further appreciate our pristine beaches, the greeneries, even most of our forests are denuded, and the people's openness. the new tagline for Philippine Tourism fails its purpose. sobrang cheezy. who cooked this slogan, an elementary student in the 90's? man, did they hire a professional advertising company for this one? or sila sila lang nag-isip nito thinking they have great minds? hmm...

for foreigners, will they understand this? hmmm... slogans=catchy terms=distinctive words but make sure that the target audience will understand and will retain it their memory. if I encounter the words Truly Asia, Malaysia's tourism jingle automatically plays in my mind. see, that's how great and catchy their slogan is. it's very distinctive thus it has been stored in my memory even if I didn't plan to save it.

i'm optimistic though for our country's success. but please, better plans and programs.

- Rica Joanna - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

I have the same concerns. The slogan should be in English so the international community can understand it. If we check out the slogans of other countries, all are in English. DOT should have retained WOW Philippines as slogan and create advertisements, which should be shown in International Channels like National Geographic or Discovery Channels. "Captivating Philippines" can also be a catchy slogan.

- Peter - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

If you are trying to attract FOREIGN tourists why would an indiginious completly incomprehensable slogan of this type even be considered
It is about time that Philippines lost thier inward looking ways and examined PROVEN SUCCESFULL campaigns from others.
Take for example "Malaysia - Truely Asia" and one has to question if we have the wrong people on the job.

- Daryl Mary - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

If DOT will really consider changing the slogan into this new one (Pilipinas Kay Ganda) to "reinvigorate our country's tourism campaign and double tourist arrivals within the next 3 years." They really are dumb with even considering such a slogan to captivate FOREIGN TOURISTS only balikbayan tourists can understand this slogan. Marketing our country to foreigners needs a description of our country that is understandable and that is by using the INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE which is English. Even our fellow Asian countries are selling their country to tourists by using slogans in English language.

MALAYSIA TRULY ASIA
INCREDIBLE INDIA
SURPRISING SINGAPORE
JAPAN ENDLESS DISCOVERY
A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, THE DIFFERENCE IS MACAU!

How will we ever compare to these slogans if we change our slogan to "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"???

I would really like them to retain the slogan "WOW Philippines" and the other one "Philippines: More than the Usual." If not, then maybe a more catchy phrase of the same caliber and in English will be much preferable.

- Maverick - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Both are creative and describes exactly what the Philippines has. But this is business, our government is the governor of the company, we Filipinos compose the company and our customers are the foreigners. How would we be able to sell our product if our advertisement slogan can only be understood by us? Say, for an instance if Malaysia, Truly Asia is not Malaysia, Truly Asia but Malaysia benar-benar Asia (I'm not quite sure if this is the exact translation of the word "truly", I just used Google Translate), how would you react to this?

- octic66 - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

There's are no howevers with the new Philippine slogan. Take the advice of the majority. Philippines will never adopt this slogan. No way. What's going on with the Department of Tourism? Amatures. Hate to say this but please Mr. Pnoy we're getting negative comments from other countries. If you want to promote tourism in the Philippines, the goverment should rid of those unsightly sights first before adopting the new but weak slogan. The existing slogan "WOW Philippines" is still fine. The new slogan looks as if the government is hiding something that really isn't beautiful. I love my country. So guys at the DOT should never ever ruin this by letting other countries criticize us starting with this new slogan. Mabuhay Pilipinas!