Twitist Forums
What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter marketing (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think of the new DOT slogan "Pilipinas Kay Ganda"? (/thread-11561.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Adrian - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

As for me, in order to really sell the Philippines, we must put up something which is easily understood by most people. Using the English language would prove to be helpful because it is easily understandable universally. using the Filipino language is good only for balikbayan purposes.

- Ray - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

I am a Canadian Citizen living in the Philippines for a year now and I do not understand most of the languages here but the new saying would be very confusing the main language of the world i believe is english and most flipinos know english so STICK WITH ENGLISH. I have no idea what the meaning of the phrase is, but WOW PHILIPPINES makes much more sense,

- Brian - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

What does it mean???

English is the most commonly spoken language. You are after tourists, use English.

- Jon - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

I live in New York I don't speak Tagalog. What is that mean? Whoever created it needs to go back to school or did not have any training in marketing of targeting the right audience. Does it mean pilipinas kay Ganda meaning Philippines full of Ganda Gay people? You better of capitalizing and expanding the famous slogan WOW Philippines.

- karl - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

In terms of creativity, I must say the slogan can be improved. Unfortunately, I am not a copywriter and I currently don't have a better slogan to suggest.

Assuming the world market is their intended audience, I am pretty certain that the slogan is not apt for Dept of Tourism's business objective. Since it's in Filipino, it already becomes a barrier!

It is also not unique.
It's not ownable by Philippines (if we treat Philippines as a brand).
Any country can say their country is beautiful. The Dept of Tourism and its creative agency should have considered the Philippines' unique selling proposition, before coming up with a slogan that should communicate that USP. For instance, Malaysia sells its diversity so it markets itself as 'Truly Asia'. For the Philippines, what is our USP? Should it be our resiliency as a race? Our hospitality? I don't know. They should have done a detailed consumer research to answer that.

Should they have done that research, I must say the consumer insighting team could have done better in arriving at a powerful insight. :-(

- Sosima - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

The new slogan will not be understood globally. The country needs to be advertised not only domestic but worldwide. It does not depict the true essence of tourism as the slogan does not capture very well what our country needs to show

- Adrian Lopez - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

WOW Philippines is far better than this lame Pilipinas kay Ganda. Being beautiful, in any sense, can be part of a broader "WOW". The latter limits what our country can offer to being "maganda" as oppose to "WOW".

Secretary Gordon, please help them. Ahaha.

Further, we should just stick to one "workable and catchy" slogan..

Look at Malaysia, "Malaysia Truly Asia". It's been there for more than 5 years or so..

- jc_tuclaud - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

honestly, it sounds cheap. i don't think it will entice foreign tourists to come here.

- mc² m - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Very mediocre-ish. I think some lazy person suggested that slogan.

- cosmo08 - 10-15-2012 08:08 PM

Even if you read that slogan backwards, it still is a big marketing failure. Shame on Filipino ingenuity, if that even exists.