Twitist Forums
Was David Archuleta's paternal grandfather born in Spain, in the U.S, or somewhere else? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Was David Archuleta's paternal grandfather born in Spain, in the U.S, or somewhere else? (/thread-115952.html)

Was David Archuleta's paternal grandfather born in Spain, in the U.S, or somewhere else? - William Livaudais - 03-24-2014 10:59 AM

I remember reading where David Archuleta's father said that David was 5/8 Spanish and his father listed in fractions of the rest of David's ancestry. I don't know if that means if David Archuleta's grandfather was an American who was half Spanish and half something else or was a Spanish-born man of mixed ancestry, but if David's grandfather was born in Spain, then David could claim to be 3/4 Spanish because Hispanics and Latinos come in all shapes, sizes, colors, lineages, etc. I'm 3/4 Latino myself. My mother being from the D.R and my paternal grandmother being from El Salvador. Would love to know if David is like me. There aren't a lot of famous people who are 3/4 Latino. This would help out with a Wikipedia article I'm in the process of making about the list of Americans who are 3/4 Latino.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Willminator/List_of_American_people_who_claim_three_quarters_Hispanic_or_Latino_ancestry
How can I find the answer to my questio

- cathugger - 03-24-2014 11:00 AM

Good question and I do not know even though I know a lot about David. I have only heard his paternal ancestry discussed (by his father, when his father briefly had a twitter account) and it included Spanish-Basque (mountain area of Spain, where the name Archuleta originates in a local form), Irish, Danish, German and Iroquois Indian. But I do not know where his paternal grandfather was born.

BTW David Archuleta is currently finishing up a church mission in Chile and should return around April 2014. His twitter is DavidArchie (manager is tweeting until he returns)