This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was David Archuleta's paternal grandfather born in Spain, in the U.S, or somewhere else?
03-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Was David Archuleta's paternal grandfather born in Spain, in the U.S, or somewhere else?
I remember reading where David Archuleta's father said that David was 5/8 Spanish and his father listed in fractions of the rest of David's ancestry. I don't know if that means if David Archuleta's grandfather was an American who was half Spanish and half something else or was a Spanish-born man of mixed ancestry, but if David's grandfather was born in Spain, then David could claim to be 3/4 Spanish because Hispanics and Latinos come in all shapes, sizes, colors, lineages, etc. I'm 3/4 Latino myself. My mother being from the D.R and my paternal grandmother being from El Salvador. Would love to know if David is like me. There aren't a lot of famous people who are 3/4 Latino. This would help out with a Wikipedia article I'm in the process of making about the list of Americans who are 3/4 Latino.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Willm...o_ancestry
How can I find the answer to my questio

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Good question and I do not know even though I know a lot about David. I have only heard his paternal ancestry discussed (by his father, when his father briefly had a twitter account) and it included Spanish-Basque (mountain area of Spain, where the name Archuleta originates in a local form), Irish, Danish, German and Iroquois Indian. But I do not know where his paternal grandfather was born.

BTW David Archuleta is currently finishing up a church mission in Chile and should return around April 2014. His twitter is DavidArchie (manager is tweeting until he returns)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply