Twitist Forums
Are you over 20? Did your life turn out as you expected? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Are you over 20? Did your life turn out as you expected? (/thread-116006.html)

Are you over 20? Did your life turn out as you expected? - Henrich - 03-24-2014 10:59 AM

What were your childhood dreams? did you accomplish them? Are you comfortable with your life situation?

- iheartfroyo - 03-24-2014 11:02 AM

I'm 27 now.

When I was 5 I wished to be a waitress, came true at 16.
When I was 5 I wished to be a Real Estate Agent, came true at 23
When I was 5 I wished to be a hotel front desk person, came true at 19
When I was 9 I wish to work at my parent's store. came true
When I was 5 I wanted to be a carpenter, I got to live out that dream for a few weeks at 23.
When I was 5 I wished to be a teacher, came true at 19.
When I was little i wished to work at a bar, came true at 19.
When I was 18 I wanted to go to my dream college, I attended at 18 but didn't graduate.
When I was 17 I wanted to live in Long Island City in New York by my favorite Museum. Came true at 23.

When I was in middle school I wished my parents would get divorced, came true at 18
When I was in middle school I wished to live in NYC and go to college here, came true
In middle school I wished to go to NYU, came true at 22.
When I was 19, I wished to be an engineer, I went to engineering school at 22, I realized I didn't love it.
When I was in the 2nd grade I wished to move away from my family and live alone, came true at 18
When I was 17 I wished I wouldn't have to take care of my family for the rest of my life, came true at 18
I wanted to be an industrial designer in high school, I had an ID internship when I was 19.
I wished to go to fashion week to do something creative, came true at 26
I wished to work creatively with a good friend, that's what I do now.
I wished to work with magazines as a kid, came true at 25.
When social media jobs came out, I wished to do that, its part of what I do now.

The funny thing with these wishes were I didn't think much when I made them and they came at the most unexpected moments in my life, mostly for desperation to make money. My parent's divorce was the reason why I couldn't finish college. I imagined I'd have a degree by now. But after college was no longer an option for me I wished to be a graphic designer and that's what I do now.

I had alot of wishes come true but the important ones, the ones I truly wanted and would give anything for hasn't come true yet. But I've lived alot of different lifetimes in a short amount of time. Every fear I've had has come true. I've hit rock bottom for more times than I could count. But now looking back I don't even remember what those fears were anymore but I feel freer since they happened. I know that there's always ups and downs but life was never meant to be stable. We struggle.

I wish for more, bigger and better things. I wish I made enough money to help the family in my life to not have to suffer anymore. I feel fortunate to be where I am now especially since alot of my friends who have graduated from my dream school haven't had the same opportunities I've had career wise. I've had great friends better than what I could've wished for. I never got to be with the love of my life but I feel fortunate to have ever experienced feeling what I did for him because I realize not everyone feels that way for who they like even the serial daters.

life hasn't come out the way I expected it to. I didn't foresee all the obstacles in life or that money was so important. Now I'm working a job that I wanted but living the reality of now loving it while living with my mother. I expected as a kid in my age I would've graduated, started working and lived alone somewhere in an apartment. But now I have new dreams and I'm consciously making decisions to get closer to them.