This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you over 20? Did your life turn out as you expected?
03-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Are you over 20? Did your life turn out as you expected?
What were your childhood dreams? did you accomplish them? Are you comfortable with your life situation?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:02 AM

I'm 27 now.

When I was 5 I wished to be a waitress, came true at 16.
When I was 5 I wished to be a Real Estate Agent, came true at 23
When I was 5 I wished to be a hotel front desk person, came true at 19
When I was 9 I wish to work at my parent's store. came true
When I was 5 I wanted to be a carpenter, I got to live out that dream for a few weeks at 23.
When I was 5 I wished to be a teacher, came true at 19.
When I was little i wished to work at a bar, came true at 19.
When I was 18 I wanted to go to my dream college, I attended at 18 but didn't graduate.
When I was 17 I wanted to live in Long Island City in New York by my favorite Museum. Came true at 23.

When I was in middle school I wished my parents would get divorced, came true at 18
When I was in middle school I wished to live in NYC and go to college here, came true
In middle school I wished to go to NYU, came true at 22.
When I was 19, I wished to be an engineer, I went to engineering school at 22, I realized I didn't love it.
When I was in the 2nd grade I wished to move away from my family and live alone, came true at 18
When I was 17 I wished I wouldn't have to take care of my family for the rest of my life, came true at 18
I wanted to be an industrial designer in high school, I had an ID internship when I was 19.
I wished to go to fashion week to do something creative, came true at 26
I wished to work creatively with a good friend, that's what I do now.
I wished to work with magazines as a kid, came true at 25.
When social media jobs came out, I wished to do that, its part of what I do now.

The funny thing with these wishes were I didn't think much when I made them and they came at the most unexpected moments in my life, mostly for desperation to make money. My parent's divorce was the reason why I couldn't finish college. I imagined I'd have a degree by now. But after college was no longer an option for me I wished to be a graphic designer and that's what I do now.

I had alot of wishes come true but the important ones, the ones I truly wanted and would give anything for hasn't come true yet. But I've lived alot of different lifetimes in a short amount of time. Every fear I've had has come true. I've hit rock bottom for more times than I could count. But now looking back I don't even remember what those fears were anymore but I feel freer since they happened. I know that there's always ups and downs but life was never meant to be stable. We struggle.

I wish for more, bigger and better things. I wish I made enough money to help the family in my life to not have to suffer anymore. I feel fortunate to be where I am now especially since alot of my friends who have graduated from my dream school haven't had the same opportunities I've had career wise. I've had great friends better than what I could've wished for. I never got to be with the love of my life but I feel fortunate to have ever experienced feeling what I did for him because I realize not everyone feels that way for who they like even the serial daters.

life hasn't come out the way I expected it to. I didn't foresee all the obstacles in life or that money was so important. Now I'm working a job that I wanted but living the reality of now loving it while living with my mother. I expected as a kid in my age I would've graduated, started working and lived alone somewhere in an apartment. But now I have new dreams and I'm consciously making decisions to get closer to them.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply