Twitist Forums
should I tell my sons dad I gave him up for adoption 10 years after? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: should I tell my sons dad I gave him up for adoption 10 years after? (/thread-116551.html)

should I tell my sons dad I gave him up for adoption 10 years after? - Beautiful - 03-24-2014 11:09 AM

Ten years ago I was in a short relationship with a man. I left when I saw I couldn't trust him alone with my 5 year old daughter. He would lie about things she had done while i was gone or say I needed to beat her for little stupid things. Like she lost his cup of pens somewhere... We found it in the closet where she and I had built a fort.
Any way, after I left I found out I was pregnant. Oh God. I couldn't let him raise this baby, he was abusive and liked to drink. immature and selfish. He was down right scary some times. I was 20 and he was 26.
I gave the baby up for adoption, the hardest thing I have ever doneSad we stay in touch by letters and pictures every Christmas.
Well his dad just found me on Facebook and I found out he's a different person. He attends his other childrens school functions, (children had nothing to do with previously) volunteers at his church and is a drug counselor! Do I tell him? Or wait till he's 18 in case he tries to disrupt his lifeSad
I'm lost.

- Cynthia - 03-24-2014 11:16 AM

You should not even consider telling the father. Just because his Facebook page makes him look like he's changed doesn't mean he really has. Your only consideration should be for your son and the people who have provided him a home. Let sleeping dogs lie.