This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should I tell my sons dad I gave him up for adoption 10 years after?
03-24-2014, 11:09 AM
should I tell my sons dad I gave him up for adoption 10 years after?
Ten years ago I was in a short relationship with a man. I left when I saw I couldn't trust him alone with my 5 year old daughter. He would lie about things she had done while i was gone or say I needed to beat her for little stupid things. Like she lost his cup of pens somewhere... We found it in the closet where she and I had built a fort.
Any way, after I left I found out I was pregnant. Oh God. I couldn't let him raise this baby, he was abusive and liked to drink. immature and selfish. He was down right scary some times. I was 20 and he was 26.
I gave the baby up for adoption, the hardest thing I have ever doneSad we stay in touch by letters and pictures every Christmas.
Well his dad just found me on Facebook and I found out he's a different person. He attends his other childrens school functions, (children had nothing to do with previously) volunteers at his church and is a drug counselor! Do I tell him? Or wait till he's 18 in case he tries to disrupt his lifeSad
I'm lost.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:16 AM

You should not even consider telling the father. Just because his Facebook page makes him look like he's changed doesn't mean he really has. Your only consideration should be for your son and the people who have provided him a home. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply