Twitist Forums
Why does my custom made twitter header not fit properly on the iPhone twitter app but on android it does? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Why does my custom made twitter header not fit properly on the iPhone twitter app but on android it does? (/thread-116923.html)

Why does my custom made twitter header not fit properly on the iPhone twitter app but on android it does? - Richard - 03-24-2014 11:15 AM

On my iPhone twitter app when I look at my twitter profile the custom made header i have gets cut off in some places but when viewed on an android it shows up and fits perfectly. Is it just because of the iPhone or what?

- Mark G - 03-24-2014 11:23 AM

Because the iPhone has a fixed resolution, while the android has a variable resolution.

- Pink Freud - 03-24-2014 11:33 AM

iPhone and Android are different operating systems. They are compatible but not identical. So they handle some parts of applications differently. I had the same thing happen with my PC and Android. Where the Header picture fit the PC screen perfectly but was the wrong size for Android.
I think the device you load the custom header on is typically the screen it will fit best. You may have to re-size your header in Photoshop or some other editing program in order to get it to fit the iPhone screen properly..