Twitist Forums
Paypal buyer claims unauthorized use to get refund? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Paypal buyer claims unauthorized use to get refund? (/thread-118080.html)

Paypal buyer claims unauthorized use to get refund? - traci - 03-24-2014 11:40 AM

I had a customer purchase a business marketing package from my website for me to provide his project with 1 month of social networking services. I completed the project as agreed only to find that the very day after I completed a month of work, the man filed a PayPal claim citing that his account was used against his will, thereby placing a $399 hold against funds in my PayPal account.

It is my understanding since the "goods" sold are virtual in nature, rather than tangible, that I am protected as a seller. Does anyone know if this is right?

Also, after reviewing the transaction in my PayPal account, I noticed that he is not a registered PayPal user, so must have just used a card on the PayPal invoice, rather than logging in to PayPal. You don't have to be registered with PayPal to process a payment.

I have responded to the claim via PayPal and uploaded all of the evidence I have from our correspondence and the work completed.

Anyone been through anything similar? How did it turn out? Any advice?

Thank you.

- imran - 03-24-2014 11:41 AM

cancel account

- Latin Techie - 03-24-2014 11:45 AM

Since you have done the work and you can prove it to paypal wiht all documentary evidence, there is nothing to worry about !

You will get your money, paypal are very good on these things.