This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paypal buyer claims unauthorized use to get refund?
03-24-2014, 11:40 AM
Paypal buyer claims unauthorized use to get refund?
I had a customer purchase a business marketing package from my website for me to provide his project with 1 month of social networking services. I completed the project as agreed only to find that the very day after I completed a month of work, the man filed a PayPal claim citing that his account was used against his will, thereby placing a $399 hold against funds in my PayPal account.

It is my understanding since the "goods" sold are virtual in nature, rather than tangible, that I am protected as a seller. Does anyone know if this is right?

Also, after reviewing the transaction in my PayPal account, I noticed that he is not a registered PayPal user, so must have just used a card on the PayPal invoice, rather than logging in to PayPal. You don't have to be registered with PayPal to process a payment.

I have responded to the claim via PayPal and uploaded all of the evidence I have from our correspondence and the work completed.

Anyone been through anything similar? How did it turn out? Any advice?

Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM

cancel account

Ads

03-24-2014, 11:45 AM

Since you have done the work and you can prove it to paypal wiht all documentary evidence, there is nothing to worry about !

You will get your money, paypal are very good on these things.