Twitist Forums
Which is better for social work? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Which is better for social work? (/thread-121599.html)

Which is better for social work? - stopteencrime - 03-24-2014 06:37 PM

I have an Associates in Criminal Justice with a specialty in Youth Services. This spring I will be starting on my Bachelor degree in Sociology. I was planning on also getting a Family Life Education Certificate (you pretty much learn how to work with & understand families). Which would be better in the long run in social work - getting the certificate or double majoring in Spanish? After obtaining my Bachelor degree I plan on getting my Masters degree in Social Work with a concentration in Child Welfare. Also, the school offers a Graduate Family Life Education Certificate that I could get while getting my Masters.

- Anna3 - 03-24-2014 06:38 PM

My biggest regret in my education was not learning Spanish. If you have a Master's Degree in Social Work, it won't matter much what certificates you have, but it will be a huge benefit to you if you know Spanish. The current Social Work job market is extremely competitive. I have my MSW with a concentration in Child Welfare and the majority of positions require or, at the very least, prefer a Spanish speaking social worker.