This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which is better for social work?
03-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Which is better for social work?
I have an Associates in Criminal Justice with a specialty in Youth Services. This spring I will be starting on my Bachelor degree in Sociology. I was planning on also getting a Family Life Education Certificate (you pretty much learn how to work with & understand families). Which would be better in the long run in social work - getting the certificate or double majoring in Spanish? After obtaining my Bachelor degree I plan on getting my Masters degree in Social Work with a concentration in Child Welfare. Also, the school offers a Graduate Family Life Education Certificate that I could get while getting my Masters.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 06:38 PM

My biggest regret in my education was not learning Spanish. If you have a Master's Degree in Social Work, it won't matter much what certificates you have, but it will be a huge benefit to you if you know Spanish. The current Social Work job market is extremely competitive. I have my MSW with a concentration in Child Welfare and the majority of positions require or, at the very least, prefer a Spanish speaking social worker.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply