Twitist Forums
My iPhone 4s won't turn on? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook apps (/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: My iPhone 4s won't turn on? (/thread-122838.html)

My iPhone 4s won't turn on? - Sarah - 03-29-2014 01:03 AM

So to properly explain what's happening this is going to be long.
A few days ago my phone was being faulty, certain apps like Safari, Messages and Facebook wouldn't open properly. In an attempt to fix this, I backed up my phone and restored it to factory settings. I then tried to restore my phone from the backup and put all of my data back onto the phone. However, this did not work and I lost everything on my phone. This isn't the problem though.
Yesterday my phone was working properly, when I restored it to factory settings it fixed the previous issue. But when I pressed the home button to turn on my phone, everything crashed and my phone screen went totally black.
I tried plugging it into a charger in case it was flat, but there was no response. I also plugged it into my computer and nothing happened, my computer didn't recognise that it was there.
So I googled what might be wrong with my phone, and apparently if I want to try and fix it I will need to use the power button. This is another problem. Last year my power button became stuck, but I never went to get it fixed because I could just use assistive touch.
Is there any thing else I can do to try and turn my phone back on? Or do I need to go into an apple store to get it fixed.
I really need this issue fixed quickly because I don't have a back up phone!
By the way I'm certain my phone isn't water damaged so don't suggest putting it in rice.

- Android Core - 03-29-2014 01:05 AM

This is a hardware issue… so other than a hammer and mallet, I highly suggest you see the Apple store.

DO NOT GO TO THE WIRELESS CARRIER STORE! Per Apple Contract, Wireless carriers cannot handle Hardware/software issues…. Only network issues. If you ignore me, I guarantee my life inheritance that you will be told to go to Apple.