This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My iPhone 4s won't turn on?
03-29-2014, 01:03 AM
My iPhone 4s won't turn on?
So to properly explain what's happening this is going to be long.
A few days ago my phone was being faulty, certain apps like Safari, Messages and Facebook wouldn't open properly. In an attempt to fix this, I backed up my phone and restored it to factory settings. I then tried to restore my phone from the backup and put all of my data back onto the phone. However, this did not work and I lost everything on my phone. This isn't the problem though.
Yesterday my phone was working properly, when I restored it to factory settings it fixed the previous issue. But when I pressed the home button to turn on my phone, everything crashed and my phone screen went totally black.
I tried plugging it into a charger in case it was flat, but there was no response. I also plugged it into my computer and nothing happened, my computer didn't recognise that it was there.
So I googled what might be wrong with my phone, and apparently if I want to try and fix it I will need to use the power button. This is another problem. Last year my power button became stuck, but I never went to get it fixed because I could just use assistive touch.
Is there any thing else I can do to try and turn my phone back on? Or do I need to go into an apple store to get it fixed.
I really need this issue fixed quickly because I don't have a back up phone!
By the way I'm certain my phone isn't water damaged so don't suggest putting it in rice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2014, 01:05 AM

This is a hardware issue… so other than a hammer and mallet, I highly suggest you see the Apple store.

DO NOT GO TO THE WIRELESS CARRIER STORE! Per Apple Contract, Wireless carriers cannot handle Hardware/software issues…. Only network issues. If you ignore me, I guarantee my life inheritance that you will be told to go to Apple.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply