Twitist Forums
Does anyone else here get fired up when somebody mocks or insults our troops? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook Pages (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Does anyone else here get fired up when somebody mocks or insults our troops? (/thread-12427.html)

Pages: 1 2

- deafeningveil157 - 10-15-2012 08:28 PM

I had a cousin die in Afghanistan 5 years ago and there were several websites that had obituary type blogs for people to send their condolences and there was always at least one asshole who talked about how he deserved to die. The funny part is none of these "internet tough guys" would mention a word of this in public from fear of getting their faces smashed in. It's funny, because these people use their keyboards as a weapon and shield, without it they're just worthless pieces of garbage. I'm not sure they realize that if it was for the troops fighting for their freedom over the past 200+ years, they wouldn't have the freedom to be idiots. Anyways to answer you question, yes, yes I do.

- Sam - 10-15-2012 08:28 PM

some people are real idiots but i doubt half the people that say stuff like that actually believe it

- broadcloth318 - 10-15-2012 08:28 PM

Yes i do get mad about it. People have gotten wrongfully mad with me when i have told people i didn't support the war in Iraq. they quickly thought i was anti american anti troops etc. I love this country & always will support those who risk their lives for our country. But i don't always agree with some of their actions. Does that make me Anti American anti troops or wish them harm? Of course not. I just look at both sides of the story. When i feel atrocities are being done i'm going to say it no matter what country or what troops are involved. What happened in Libya on Sept 11 was a cowardly thing to do & i hope they make those who did this pay. as far as the clown on Facebook? I would just report it to Facebook & then ignore it. Don't give this clown any attention. You should suggest to people to email those in charge of FB & tell them how you feel about this particular page. If enough people do it believe me that page will no longer be there.

- Go Blue - 10-15-2012 08:28 PM

I'm not going to enter that comment thread, if that's what your asking. But yeah I get pissed off. Our troops lay down their lives to protect the freedoms people use when they insult the troops. These people have the guts to say this stuff online, or to join a protest with all their little friends, but they'll never say it outright. They have every right to say it though, it's part of living in America

The biggest problem with freedom of speech is that any moron can say whatever pops into his head

- Aj - 10-15-2012 08:28 PM

No. we just ignore them just like you should.

- Sonata - 10-15-2012 08:28 PM

Yep I do, but it is his right being in America.
That is one of our rights living here, if we get offended at everything we will be no better than the many other people who get offended over every little thing, who are trying to keep so many of us from saying what we feel. It is called being politically correct, then this would not be America anymore. So right or wrong it is his right.

- Yankees Fan ☠ - 10-15-2012 08:28 PM

Not really. People have the right to say what they want, and I don't have any problems with how people think, regardless of how despicable and misguided their opinion is.