Twitist Forums
I don't know what I want to do? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: I don't know what I want to do? (/thread-124601.html)

I don't know what I want to do? - Lucy - 04-04-2014 03:16 AM

I'm doing biology psychology and health and social care a levels but don't find any of them enjoyable. I wish I chose media and film studies but what career could I get from that? I'm considering staying an extra year at college as I don't know what to apply for at uni... I feel lost

- Kay - 04-04-2014 03:21 AM

You should do some research on what options are available for your career path. Also talk to your adviser or counselors and see what they can do for you.

- tanitha - 04-04-2014 03:37 AM

Most media studies degrees don't need you have particular A Levels and would be quite happy with the A levels you have chosen.
You need to get to some Uni open days, talk to tutors and see what each course has on offer - the quality and vocational strength of media studies degrees varies enormously.
Most media degrees offer you the chance to have a go at a range of practical as well as theoretical media subjects - for eg you could have a go at things like radio, journalism, photography and advertising. These are all hugely competitive careers, however, and you would probably need to do a postgraduate professional qualification after your degree.
In the meantime, it's important to do some relevant work experience or other activity - such as being involved with a local film society (check local arts centres); contributing to a college magazine; volunteering at hospital radio etc etc to prove your interest in these fields as you don't have directly relevant Alevels