This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't know what I want to do?
04-04-2014, 03:16 AM
I don't know what I want to do?
I'm doing biology psychology and health and social care a levels but don't find any of them enjoyable. I wish I chose media and film studies but what career could I get from that? I'm considering staying an extra year at college as I don't know what to apply for at uni... I feel lost

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2014, 03:21 AM

You should do some research on what options are available for your career path. Also talk to your adviser or counselors and see what they can do for you.

Ads

04-04-2014, 03:37 AM

Most media studies degrees don't need you have particular A Levels and would be quite happy with the A levels you have chosen.
You need to get to some Uni open days, talk to tutors and see what each course has on offer - the quality and vocational strength of media studies degrees varies enormously.
Most media degrees offer you the chance to have a go at a range of practical as well as theoretical media subjects - for eg you could have a go at things like radio, journalism, photography and advertising. These are all hugely competitive careers, however, and you would probably need to do a postgraduate professional qualification after your degree.
In the meantime, it's important to do some relevant work experience or other activity - such as being involved with a local film society (check local arts centres); contributing to a college magazine; volunteering at hospital radio etc etc to prove your interest in these fields as you don't have directly relevant Alevels