Twitist Forums
What's the most annoying naming trend to you? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Hashtag (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: What's the most annoying naming trend to you? (/thread-124860.html)

Pages: 1 2

What's the most annoying naming trend to you? - Sarah - 04-04-2014 11:40 PM

For me it's a tie between giving girls boy names: Tyler, Dylan, Spencer, Carter, Noah (just cause it ends in "ah" doesn't make it a girls name), George, Harley etc.

And people (mostly celebrities) naming their kids objects: Hashtag (*facepalm*), Facebook, Apple, Pirate, Rainbow (you do realize your daughter is one day going to be 40 and have the name Rainbow), Blue Ivy, Ocean, December etc.

- 698 - 04-04-2014 11:42 PM

Boys names on girls. Ew ew ew.

- Joey got engaged!! - 04-04-2014 11:44 PM

I hate it when people to insist on naming sons Aubrey, Addison, Madison, etc, just to prove a point that their "masculine". They probably didn't even like these names before they found out they were being used on girls.

- rose_32008 - 04-04-2014 11:47 PM

The crazy spelling is the one that drives me crazy. Why take a perfectly nice name like Jennifer and spell it in the most bizarre offbeat way possible!

- Rooster - 04-04-2014 11:55 PM

Bizarre spellings of more traditional names as a way to seem hip and unique, all it does it set your child up to be correcting everyone spelling/pronunciation of their names for the rest of their lives. Like Aaron spelled Aehren for a boy. Just...why?

- Miss In Purple - 04-05-2014 12:10 AM

uuugh hate both of the ones you said, the only unisex name i accept is andrea.The second one is even worst!
I hate all weird spelling of names like instead of emily emilaigh or emiley to make it more original!
And i don't like renaming a child after they grandparents, i feel like every newborn in a family should be different so maybe is better to use them as second names and have a unique first name.
Uhh i don't like kids named after cities like brooklyn, paris, sidney..

- 502 - 04-05-2014 12:19 AM

I don't know if this is really a trend but I hate when parents name their kids after the place he/she was conceived.

"So, why did your parents choose the name Paris for you?"
"Oh, that's where daddy got mommy pregnant!"

- woodenhandle - 04-05-2014 12:22 AM

I agree with you! Boy names on girls!
And last names as first names.

- hope - 04-05-2014 12:34 AM

I agree with yours. Although, I like month names. I also like girl-ized (if that makes sense) boy names (Tylie, I don't really mind Dylan, I can't really think of one for Spencer, Noanna or Noel, Georgie, and I don't really mind Harley either. I like the name Siri even though it's Apple's personal assistant.

- madison - 04-05-2014 12:46 AM

1 EVERYONE NAMING THEIR DAUGHTER ISABELLA AFTER STUPID TWILIGHT.
#2 Spelling perfectly nice names wrong to look trendy.
#3 Making up names that sound stupid and trashy to be "unique".