Twitist Forums
What's with all the bragging on Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook friends (/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: What's with all the bragging on Facebook? (/thread-125612.html)

What's with all the bragging on Facebook? - Drivenbydesire - 04-07-2014 06:34 PM

I'm a web reporter and I unfortunately have to be on Facebook in order to update status for our newscast. While I personally don't share anything private on the site, I am amazed at how much bragging I see on it. I have this girlfriend who literally checks in to show off her lavish vacations. This is usually followed by countless selfies and photos. It's not like she is a travel writer or anything, just a regular girl. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she gets to go to the Maldives, Seychelles and Fiji all in one year, but the attention seeking is tacky. Every 3-4 months, it's the same bragging. That doesn't include the staged photo shoots. Ugh. I come from a wealthy family and yet I show none of it on Facebook. When did it all become a popularity contest?

- 521 - 04-07-2014 06:38 PM

Seriously? It's always been that way. Facebook is all about showing what a great person you think you are to your friends who couldn't care less because they are too busy bragging about themselves.
~