Twitist Forums
Where is my money...? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Other forums (/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: General Internet related Qustions (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Where is my money...? (/thread-125801.html)

Where is my money...? - Sean - 04-08-2014 04:05 AM

I purchased something online via paypal, sent the payment, confirmed my payment via email to the seller. Then received an email from the seller telling me that I paid the wrong amount for the product (they have a new site with new updated prices). This actually makes a difference because I paid $115 USD and the real updated price is $58 USD. So I asked him to refund my payment via paypal, he did. I checked my paypal transaction history and It showed the refund and the payment of $115 USD to me with the "completed" notification next to it. BUT, I don't see the refunded money on my paypal balance, and I don't see it in my bank account...so where did the money go?

By the way, this is going on at 3am-5am on a sunday (today obviously). And I used a TD canada trust Visa Debit card to make the payment so it didnt come from my paypal balance it came directly out of my bank balance.

- ashley - 04-08-2014 04:10 AM

make a police report.

- Andy T - 04-08-2014 04:19 AM

Then the seller has not done that refunding part, because I've been using it for years as both seller annd buyer on eBay/PayPal there's always a paper trail on refunds or partial refunds.

Ask PayPal itself, its support center is 7 days but act fast, weekend hours and debit card complicate things.

- love in siberia - 04-08-2014 04:21 AM

It can take a few hours. I noticed this was posted not too long after you agreed to the refund. If it is not posted on paypal by Monday at 12:00, contact the seller, then ebay.